New Brompton model names for 2022
The Brompton bike is made for those that live, work or play in cities. Folding to a third of its size and weighing on average just 11kg for a standard model, the Brompton bike is easy to carry and easy to store. Take it on all forms of transport – rush-hour trains, in the trunk of a car or the local taxi boat.
For 2022, Brompton has changed the way models are named. These are the same great bikes, just with new naming system.
C-Line: The Classic All-Steel Folding Bike
The original design with the 3-par fold, handmade in our London factory since 1975. Compact and robust – it's a seriously engineered bike that’s fun to ride.
In the widest range of colours – whatever your ride style, there’s a C Line for you.
The C-Line is available in 3 models, corresponding to the number of gears:
- C-Line Explore has 6-speeds
- C-Line Utility has 3-speeds
- C-Line Urban has 2-speeds
All C-Line models are available with three handlebar profiles:
- Low (formerly S), a straight profile bar for the sportiest position.
- Mid (formerly M), a riser profile for a neutral/relaxed position. Brompton's most popular choice.
- High (formerly H), a riser profile with an extended stem for an upright position for average height riders or a neutral position for tall riders.
All C-Line bikes come with mud guards (fenders) and a front carrier block for Brompton luggage..
Example of the old and new model naming: A M6L (M handlebar, 6-speeds, fenders) is now called a C-Line Explore Mid.
A-Line: The Essential Brompton
New for 2022, Brompton introduces the A-Line. Made in Brompton's UK factory, this model comes only as a 3-speed with a mid-height handlebar and in one colour scheme. The most affordable Brompton, perfect for city riding.
Classic Black Gloss